bookstore joomla theme
Impact on Ghana’s electricity industry
Kpone IPP will improve Ghana’s security of electricity supply, increasing the country’s dependable installed thermal generation capacity by approximately 15% when operational.<br />Kpone IPP will generate circa 2,700 GWh of electricity a year, equivalent to the demand of approximately 1 million households in Ghana.
- Project Financing Highlights
- Total project cost: circa US$900 million.
- Total debt: circa US$650 million.
- Total equity: circa US$250 million.
- It is a largely African deal, with international partners.
- The founding shareholders are Ghanaian.
- 67% of equity is held by African entities.
- The construction company is African.
- 83% of the senior debt is issued by African lenders.